Friday 26 January 2024

Carrying on with my day job in this war-ridden world

They say 'fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.' I want to confess that I have been fooled twice, and the feeling of shame is hitting me hard. How so, you'd ask?

Let me take you back 4 years in time when Covid had just hit us. The ambiguous nature of this new virus had instilled fear amongst most of humanity. While most of us were battling life-threatening thoughts, there was a small fraction of solution-oriented humans who actually saw an opportunity for digitization in different sectors - gaming, healthcare, etc., and met with groundbreaking success.

Fast forward to 2024, we are again facing a crisis. While some parts of the world continue or enter into war situations, the other half faces an economic crisis. The news of layoffs has been constant. In these circumstances, I notice my mind defaulting back to the 'fight or flight' response, interfering with day-to-day life and priorities. While I don't in any way intend to suggest we should turn a blind eye to the world and carry on with our lives, what I intend to say is that it is an opportunity to become solution-oriented, to identify problems and solve them instead of giving in to a state of fear or turning away from it.

It is what we do with the things that are in our control that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment