Wednesday 17 January 2024

Stretch and Spawn

What happens when you suddenly come to face the bounds of your capabilities? On one hand, you may choose the path of honesty and accept your limitations, which may present themselves as learning opportunities. Alternatively, you may choose the path of hurt and punish yourself with all the negative emotions that follow. These moments are good for stepping back to reflect and make choices, and these will be the principles that govern your life until you reach the next set of bounds.

PS: After a long time, I made a chapati that was almost circular, giving me hope that I could eventually achieve the perfect shape for a chapati. Why did this not happen sooner? I wonder as I reflect on the learnings I have accumulated over the past decade. It appears that I may not have been "listening" when the instructions were presented. I was deaf even though I had auditory senses. Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment